MCCCC has a number of vacancies at its Dunstan Reserve centre (Everett Street, Brunswick West) in the three to four-year-old age group. MCCCC offers an integrated kindergarten program delivered by fully qualified kindergarten teachers.
Moreland Community Child Care Centres Inc. (MCCCC) is passionate about passionate staff.
Our staff regularly participate in training and professional development and are able to put their expertise into practice across all three centres.
MCCCC liaises with a number of educational institutions to offer student placements throughout the year.
Any permanent or diploma vacancies are advertised internally in the first instance to give staff the opportunity to advance their careers.
Current Employment Opportunities
MCCCC is always interested in meeting with highly motivated staff who are passionate about working with children. Expressions of interest can be directed to the Director, Gillian Barclay, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (03) 9386 0432.
KINDERGARTEN TEACHER (FRENCH SPEAKING)
Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
Education & Training: Teaching - Early Childhood
This new role is an exciting addition to the 2019 program. The service plans to deliver a dedicated bilingual kindergarten program every Friday - parent and community surveys have endorsed this decision. The successful applicant will have the freedom to create an exciting program with the support and encouragement of the service pedagogical co ordinator and other members of the leadership group. This is a unique opportunity to bring a range of skills and interests to an early childhood setting. This will be a twelve month contract with the possibility of extending beyond 2019. All conditions will be in accordance with VECTEA.
While the position does not commence until January next year, MCCCC will be committing considerable time and energy in preparation and selection.
The main things that you would be doing include:
- Developing and implementing a French educational program that meets the learning outcomes of an exceeding service.
- Use a wide range of teaching methods (stories, media, indoor or outdoor games, drawing etcc) to enhance the child's abilities.
- Design and follow a full schedule of activities and routines that are delivered in French.
- Creating and maintaining an inclusive, fun, safe, healthy, productive and effective learning environment.
- Creating and maintaining excellent relationships with children, families, educators and other team members.
- Supporting children, families, educators and other team members to embrace the french language.
- Keep records of children's progress, routines and interests.
- Ensuring compliance with routines, policies, processes and practices.
Skills and experience
- We're looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Desire to work with children and demonstrated capacity to enhance their experiences
- Fluency in the French language and the ability to teach others.
- A bachelor in early childhood education qualification.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in both English and French.
- Proven willingness to learn and improve.
- Passion, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to high quality child care.
- Current Working with Children check, First-Aid Certificate, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
Reasons why we think this is a great role include:
- Opportunity to create and develop a new and exciting program.
- Part-time hours.
- Opportunities for growth and career progression.
- Join a dynamic, passionate and supportive team.
- Training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Good location
About the company
Moreland Community Child Care Centres is a community-based, not for profit early childhood service. There are three sutes based in Brunswick, all
funded kindergartens. The organisation is innovative, regularly presenting at conferences and forums on a range of topics. Last month the Dunstan
Reserve centre received an exceeding rating in all 7 areas. The other two are due for review this year. Each site has an educational leader
and kindergarten teacher. A pedagogical co-ordinator supports this team across the organisation.
If this sounds like you - apply now! Candidates must provide a cover letter and resume. Further information can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Applications close COB 21 September 2018
Any requests for student placements can be directed to the Assistant Director, Veanne Sanders, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (03) 9386 0432.